Volleyball falls 0-2 to conference opponents

Kyle Greene, Contributing Writer

The Bison lost two home matches Oct. 21 and 22 against Navy and American, respectively, both league opponents. The 1-3 drop to Navy and 0-3 loss to American brought the Orange and Blue to 4-18 overall and 2-8 in conference play.

The loss to American came Oct. 22 while the Orange and Blue celebrated Senior Day. The senior class, Erika Eastley ’17, Rebecca Forbes ’17, Kristen Parks ’17, Jordan Walker ’17, and student assistant coach Keane Brazda ’17 received recognition before the game for their years of commitment to the program.

The Oct. 21 game against Navy started out in favor of the Orange and Blue who won the first set and kept the game close far into the second. The score remained 20-20 over halfway through the second set until Navy was able to gain momentum and score the winning points with five of the six final points to tie the match. Mimi Richards ’20 had seven block assists, Hailey Stout ’18 added four, and Bridgette Holland ’20 had two solo blocks and assisted on two other to make a team total of 13.

“We have had a rough season so far but we are focusing on ending the year strong. Our main focus is growing as a team and looking towards the future,” Richards said.

American remains undefeated within the Patriot League and posted a 3-0 victory over the Bison. This was the 30th consecutive Patriot League win for American. For the Bison, Richards and Walker both had extremely impressive games. Both players reached the team high with six kills apiece. Although the Bison lost the game, there was cause for celebration as the friends and family of the seniors came together to celebrate their achievements.

After the team’s home conference match-up with Lehigh on Oct. 28, the Bison will travel to continue Patriot League play, facing Lafayette on Oct. 29 and Colgate Nov. 1.