Cast of 'The Buried Life' to speak on campus

By Rob Duffy

Editor-in-Chief

The cast of MTV’s reality documentary series “The Buried Life” will speak about their experiences on campus next Thursday.

The cast, comprised of Ben Nemtin, Dave Lingwood, Duncan Penn and Jonnie Penn, will give a lecture entitled “The Buried Life: What Do You Want To Do Before You Die?” at 7:30 p.m. on March 10 in the Weis Center for the Performing Arts.

The series is based on the group’s attempts to a complete a list of 100 things they want to do before they die. In each episode they also attempt to help a stranger achieve one of his or her own dreams. Everywhere they go, they encourage others to create and pursue their own lists.

“Not only is it a fun production–the premise really encourages people to live their lives to the fullest–but it also encourages people to approach strangers’ dreams with the same sincerity and kindness as their own,” said Mike Kurban ’12, co-chair of the Student Lectureship Committee.

Goals that they have crossed off their list in past episodes include attending a party at the Playboy Mansion, telling a joke on late-night television, capturing a fugitive, and escaping from a desert island. They have also helped other people achieve their own goals. For example, in one episode they helped a father get in touch with a son he had not seen for years; in another episode they helped a band get signed to a record label.

The lecture is sponsored by the Student Lectureship Committee, the same group that brought Rwandan humanitarian Paul Rusesabagina to campus earlier this semester.