Students to display talent at Choreographer’s Showcase

Haley Mullen, Assistant News Editor

The Choreographer’s Showcase will take place at 7:30 p.m. on April 20 and 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on April 21 in the Tustin Blackbox Theatre. The Showcase is sponsored by the University’s Department of Theatre and Dance. Admission is $7 for all – students may pay with their University ID.

The concert will feature pieces choreographed and performed by students in a range of University dance courses. Student directors for the 2018 Choreographer’s Showcase are Catherine Higgins ’18 and Kelly Pretz ’18. Students choreographers are Claire Andrews ’20, Titi Awe ’19, Paige Braun ’20, Ali Buck ’20, Christy Fahey ’18, Grace Filer ’20, Charlotte Greenberg ’20, Alisa Hardy ’20, Olivia Loggia ’20, Katelyn McAndris ’20, Lindsey Moy ’20, Leonard Orozco ’18, and Emma Smith ’20. Their pieces will be performed by University students. The lighting compositions will be created by students in the University’s Theatrical Lighting Design course.

“I really enjoyed the process of choreographing my piece this semester. It was challenging at times but I continued to find new sources of inspiration and I’m so proud of the end result!” Greenberg said.

“My dance would be zilch, zippo, nada without my dancers, and I always felt a bolt of electric excitement for every rehersal we had. I am really going to miss them” Leonard Orozco ’18 said.

The University’s Department of Theatre and Dance will also present the Spring Dance Concert on April 28 at 7:30 p.m. and April 29 at 2:00 p.m. The event will be held in the Weis Center. Admission is $12 for adults and $7 for students and senior citizens — students may pay with their University ID.