Student Clubs and Involvement: What happened this week

Silvia Buonocore, Contributing Writer

DIY and Desserts occurred on Sept. 29 outside the 7th Street Studio. DIY events included mug-decorating and canvas painting. There were also desserts, including an ice cream bar. Students were able to create room decorations and fun decor for friends and family.

The University’s student government (BSG) along with the Community Committee has now initiated a shuttle to the Lewisburg Farmers’ Market. Now every Wednesday a shuttle runs from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. with pick-ups every 30 minutes from the Smith Parking Lot. Chair of the Community Committee Emily Shapiro ’19 said, “Our main role as the Community Committee is working to bridge the gap between the Bucknell and Lewisburg communities. We felt that providing a shuttle to the farmers’ market would allow students to connect with and support farmers, merchants, and other residents of Lewisburg and surrounding towns. Many students haven’t had the opportunity to go to the farmers’ market because they have been hindered by a lack of transportation, so we are excited about the prospect of increasing the number of students going!”

Currently, students are preparing for LGBTQ+ month. The Office of LGBTQ Resources is giving away free “Celebrate Difference” t-shirts in the LGBTQ Community Center (ELC 302). T-shirts can be picked up between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Oct. 1 through Oct. 5 and Oct. 10. They ask that students wear these t-shirts on Oct. 12 for a community photo, which will be taken on Rooke Science steps at 12 p.m. that day.