A Boogie Wit da Hoodie and Two Friends to perform at 2019 Fall Concert

Sarah Haber, Contributing Writer

The Concert Committee is excited to announce that rapper A Boogie wit da Hoodie, along with special guests DJ/producer duo Two Friends, will take the stage at this year’s Fall Concert. The concert will be held on Nov. 8 at the Gerhard Fieldhouse. Doors will open at 7 p.m. 

The Fall Concert is an annual event hosted by the University’s Concert Committee, who researches, selects and hosts musical artists to perform for the students at the University. In past years, performers have included Steve Aoki, AJR, Migos and Cheat Codes.

“We are so excited to announce that A Boogie wit da Hoodie will be the headlining artist with special guest Two Friends for this year’s Fall Concert. A Boogie wit da Hoodie and Two Friends received the highest votes in the survey we sent out this summer, so the Concert Committee decided to secure these two awesome acts,” Student Chair of the Concert Committee Lindsey Moy ’20 said. 

Artist Julius Dubose, the 23-year-old rapper better known as A Boogie wit da Hoodie, has released platinum singles such as “Jungle” and “Timeless,” along with “Drowning” feat. Kodak Black which went platinum three times. In 2017, A Boogie wit da Hoodie topped Billboard’s Emerging Artists chart after releasing his certified platinum album, “The Bigger Artist,” which peaked at #4 on Billboard’s Top 200.

Dubose was inspired to begin rapping at the age of 12 by listening to music from Kanye West and 50 Cent. DuBose received his unique stage name in middle school when his classmates started calling him “A Boogie” after a character in the film “Paid in Full” since he was always singing and rapping. “Wit da Hoodie” stemmed from his habit of wearing hoodies to school every day. The name stuck with him all the way to the debut of his rap career in 2016.

More recently, A Boogie wit da Hoodie released “Look Back at It” from his album “Hoodie SZN,” which dropped in December of 2018. The song hit #27 on Billboard’s Hot 100 and has had over 299 million streams on Spotify. Also from “Hoodie SZN” is the hit “Swervin” featuring 6ix9ine, which has 310 million streams on Spotify, the highest of all of the songs from the album.

Two Friends, the special guests at this year’s Fall Concert are known for their viral remixes of popular hits such as “Mr. Brightside,” “Trap Queen” and “I Miss You.” Their Big Bootie Mixes, in which they mix popular songs into hour-long mixes, are party staples worldwide. There are 15 volumes of Big Bootie Mixes available to stream on SoundCloud.

The duo, which consists of Matt Halper and Eli Sones, has been remixing songs since they were seniors in high school. With the support of big-name artists such as Tiësto, The Chainsmokers and Martin Garrix, Two Friends has been pursuing live performances on stage and on the radio, taking their influence beyond the internet.

“I have a feeling this will be one of the best concerts we’ve had at Bucknell. Two Friends’ Big Bootie Mixes are on repeat at Bucknell, so we know how excited everyone will be!” Moy said.

Tickets go on sale Sept. 12 at the campus box office and online for $25 for students and $40 for community members.