Cross Country teams run in the 46th Annual Paul Short Invite

Emily Doyle, Staff Writer

This past weekend, the Orange and Blue cross country teams competed in Paul Short Invite hosted by Lehigh University on Oct. 5. The men’s cross country team came in 20th overall while the women’s team came in 31st.

On the men’s side, the Bison ran a strong race this past weekend, despite resting their top nine runners who ran in the UVA meet the previous weekend. Senior Brian Dengler ’20 finished first for the Bison, placing 55th out of 323 runners. Dengler clocked in with a time of 25:25.3. Following Dengler was freshman Domenic Campagna ’23, who finished 81st overall with a time of 25:34.2. The men’s team improved their placing by six spots compared to last year’s performance.

“The race at Paul Short was a great race for the team. We sat out our top guys, but those who did race really showcased the team’s depth. The course conditions were perfect so a lot of guys PRd over 8k. All in all, it was a solid day,” Campagna said.

The Bison women’s cross country team also portrayed many contributing runners this past meet. Senior Emma Dolan ’20 capitalized on her opportunity for the Bison, finishing 121st out of 363 runners with a time of 22:49.7. Right behind Dolan, finishing in 132nd, was Katie Ammadio ’23. Katie’s finishing time was 22:53.0.

Over the weekend, the cross country teams also celebrated the induction of several of their former runners into the Bucknell Athletics Hall of Fame. Those inducted were Matt Deardorff 92, Norine Nadeau 96, David Pomfret 00 and Majorie Grap 07, along with former athletes from other Bison teams as well.

The Orange and Blue will race next on Friday, Oct. 18 at the Penn State National Invitational. Both men’s and women’s teams will also send groups to the Lafayette Invite on Saturday, Oct. 19.