Music festival on quad as weather improves

Juliette Gaggini, Satire Co-Editor

This past week, the University quad was transformed into a three-day music festival with crowds of hundreds of students gathering and taking in the warm weather. After a long cold winter, many University students have been ecstatic to get back outside in the sun for the first time in months. At a mere 75 degrees, students could not contain their joy for summer and began throwing ragers on every patch of green grass on campus. 

Each quad had its own music and energy for the nice weather. The main quad was said to have been playing mostly Ed Sheeran and the Science quad is rumored to have been playing the ABC’s on repeat for 24 hours straight. 

Every Adirondack chair was filled from the hours of 8 a.m. — 8 p.m. One visiting family that walked through the quad on their tour reportedly announced that they would not send their children here because of the lack of seating. 

Professors reported an 85 percent increase in the number of students attending classes on the first day of warm weather. This is an astounding increase especially with consideration to the end-of-semester drop-off in student attendance. Unfortunately, come day two of the sun, many students began skipping class again to attend the various music festivals around campus. 

Though the nice weather has brought about spring flowers and high energy, there is a reported winter storm to roll through campus this Sunday. The storm is expected to drop five feet of snow and inevitably send University students back to their rooms.