Bison Volleyball finishes weekend 2-0 in Patriot League Play

Aiden Tacker / The Bucknellian

Bison Women’s Volleyball hosted two big Patriot League matchups this past weekend. After leaving it all on the court, the girls came up with two big wins as they approached postseason play. 

Friday night they first faced Loyola Maryland in front of a full crowd. The Bison did what they do best and created numerous opportunities on attack and held strong on defense. 

Loyola went ahead with the first lead in the first set. The Bison did not falter and jumped in front of the Greyhounds thanks to a 6-1 run. The lead went back and forth throughout the rest of the set. The score sat at 25-24, with the Greyhounds ahead but the Bison managed to force three straight errors on Loyola and win the set. 

Cat Jamison ’24 and Libby Nieporte ’24 helped the Bison jump to an immediate 3-0 at the start of the second set. Loyola did their best to attack but the Bison defenders did not let up. The second set went to the Bison, 25-13.

The third went very similar to the second set with the Orange and Blue taking the first lead at 5-0. Loyola didn’t go out without a fight. They managed to tie the game at 10-10, then again at 12-12. The Bison managed to pull away with the lead but the Greyhounds got as close as 21-17 before the Bison put the final touches on the set. A kill from Riley Tucker ’27 finished the set at 25-18.

Jamison finished with 12 kills and 10 blocks and Tucker finished with five blocks. Laura Caro ’26 added 28 assists and six kills as setter. 

The next day, the Bison were back on the court facing Navy, looking to stretch their win streak. The first set established the tone for the rest of the game. Both teams fought hard throughout the set, trading points back and forth. Navy attempted to creep closer to the Bison and cut the deficit to as close as 20-17. Two kills from Jamison gave the Bison the first set with a 25-19 win. Jamison finished the set with three kills and two block assists.

For the second set, both teams traded points back and forth. Navy went up 14-11 before the Bison went on their own run to regain the lead. Navy saw a run of their own to establish a 21-16 lead. Navy stayed strong the rest of the set and won it 25-20 despite the Bison’s efforts.

The Bison sought revenge in the third set and quickly grabbed the lead. They held onto it for most of the set until Navy tied it at 19-19. Jamison led a run alongside Tijana Kostic ’26 and Tucker. Navy put up points of their own, but Jamison kept the Bison up with a kill to secure the set win with a 25-22 win. 

Navy was eager to take home the victory and jumped to a quick 5-0 lead. This did not phase the Bison, and they managed to tie it up at 9-9, three points earned from Kostic’s kills. The lead bounced back and forth until the score favored the Bison at 19-18. A 6-1 run by the Orange and Blue prevented the game from going into another set. Two kills and three errors on Navy’s end helped the Bison secure the set and match victory. 

Jamison had yet another impressive performance and ended the day with 20 kills. Following her lead was Kostic, Sidney Shaffer, ’27 and Tucker with seven kills. In addition, Jordan Hardy ’25 tallied 23 digs and is now fifth in a single season in program history. 

Up next the Bison look to keep up with their win streak and host Lafayette and Lehigh Nov. 4 and 5.