Men’s Tennis serves up perfect start to spring season

In the opening game of their spring season, Men’s Tennis emerged triumphant over Saint Francis with an impressive 7-0 victory. The Central PA Tennis Center in South Williamsport, Pennsylvania, bore witness to the Bison’s display of skill and determination as they swept their opponents with finesse.

Tim Zelikovsky ’24 and Liam Kilmer ’27 delivered a stellar performance in doubles, which set the tone for Bucknell’s dominance on the sunny Saturday afternoon. Their partnership proved to be a force to be reckoned with, laying the groundwork for the team’s success throughout the match.

Contributing to the Bison’s momentum were Amar Tahirovic ’26 and Brendan McDonald ’26, who showcased their synergy on the court with a commanding victory at No. 1 doubles, followed by straight-set wins in their singles matches.

Despite Saint Francis’ spirited effort, Bucknell maintained control, propelled by Zelikovsky and Kilmer’s triumph at No. 3 doubles, which provided a crucial advantage going into singles play.

In singles action, the Bison continued to assert their dominance, with Tahirovic, McDonald, and their teammates delivering convincing performances, leaving no doubt about their superiority on the court.

A highlight of the day was the intense battle between Zelikovsky and Saint Francis’ Mathis Tremblay at No. 4 singles. After a hard-fought contest, Zelikovsky prevailed, securing the win dramatically and cementing Bucknell’s memorable performance.

Looking ahead, the Bison are gearing up for the Binghamton Invitational starting Feb. 3, where they will face tough competition from NJIT, Binghamton and Siena. Buoyed by their strong start to the season, Bucknell is prepared to tackle any challenges that come their way with confidence and determination.