BSU stuns in annual Fashion Show
George M. Johnson speaks on diverse storytelling for Bucknell Forum
Digging into the three dining services finalists
To what extent are dorm checks ethical?

To what extent are dorm checks ethical?

Women’s Lacrosse triumphs in home opener against Robert Morris

The Comfort Suites hotel: A unique Bucknell living space?

Two Bison selected in 2012 MLL draft

By Eric Brod

Senior Writer

Billy Eisenreich ’12 and Charlie Streep ’12, two key players who have contributed tremendous success to the men’s lacrosse team in recent years, were selected in last month’s Major League Lacrosse draft held in Philadelphia, Pa. Eisenreich was selected twenty first overall (third round) by the Ohio Machine, and Streep was selected 52nd overall (seventh round) by the Long Island Lizards.

Both Eisenreich and Streep played vital roles in the team’s 14-win season and Patriot League championship last year. Eisenreich emerged as a dominant midfield force while setting career highs with 19 goals, 15 assists, and 34 points despite missing four games due to injury. His outstanding junior season was rewarded when he was selected to the First Team All-Patriot League team. 

“Getting drafted was never one of my end goals for lacrosse.  I feel like if my goals of being [part of] a successful Patriot League team and national contender were fulfilled then that may lead to [my being drafted],” Eisenreich said.  “With that said, I am grateful to make it into the [MLL] as there are a lot of great players on our team as well as throughout the country who have worked very hard as well.”

Eisenreich cemented himself among the top players in the league when he rallied the Bison with four goals and four assists in the team’s 12-11 come-from-behind victory against league rival Lehigh. 

“The coaching staff has prepared me well for the game of lacrosse, whether that be college or professional,” Eisenriech said. “They have taught me how to be a better player, and they have put a lot of faith into me, for which I am very grateful.  If it wasn’t for their credibility I would have never made it into the draft.  I have them to thank for that.”

Streep’s selection in the draft, despite his ACL injury last fall is evidence of how stellar a collegiate career he has had. His list of accolades include being named Patriot League Rookie of the Year (and The Bucknellian’s Male Rookie of the Year) in 2009, Second Team All-Patriot League in 2010 and First Team All-Patriot League last year. Last season he registered 28 goals and nine assists. Arguably his greatest accomplishment was being named Patriot League Tournament MVP last year after recording hat tricks against both Colgate and Lehigh. He then recorded three more goals in the team’s near-upset of eventual national champion Virginia. For his career, Streep has an outstanding 104 points.

“[I’ve become successful] through a lot of hard work and dedication, things that I owe to my teammates and friends throughout the past four years as they were the ones that continuously motivated me and kept me on a track to where I could be successful as a player and teammate,” Streep said.  “All the preparation week in and week out for the season takes a lot out of you but also gives back a lot of reward, and the reward of being selected to play professionally is something I share with my teammates past and present for helping me get there.”

Without a doubt, both players will be celebrated as two of the top athletes to wear the Orange and Blue. As the team embarks one of the most anticipated seasons in program history, Eisenreich knows the taste of last year’s defeat to UVA will motivate the team in its quest to earn a national championship.

“Entering the NCAA tournament last year was a great experience.  Even though we all knew we could have made a run and we were cut short of it, it was still a great accomplishment for us collectively as well as for the program,” Eisenreich said. “If anything, it has made us hungrier to make a repeat appearance.”