Jane Fonda delves into past and future activism for Bucknell Forum
Bucknell responds to request for RA Union, election to be held next week
EXTINCTION: Using art and technology to preserve history
Reflections on language, technology and connecting with others

A unique spring break: Student researchers travel to Japan

(OCTO)PUSS PSA: Jake Shane comes to Bucknell!

Women's squad splits meet

Edward Louie | The Bucknellian
A Bison swimmer prepares herself at the block. The Bison defeated American but fell to Navy.

Lauren Boone

The women’s swimming and diving team held its own in a dual meet against American and Navy, defeating the host Eagles 252-36 but falling to the defending Patriot League champion Midshipmen 185-113.

Kelly Pontecorvo ’14 (1,000 freestyle) and Emma Levendoski ’16 (100 backstroke) led the Orange and Blue in the swimming competition held at Reeves Pool in Washington D.C., both earning first place finishes in their respective events. Levendoski posted a time of 57.98 seconds in her heat. Although she already held the eighth fastest time for this event in Bison program history, she improved her record by 0.26 seconds. Additionally, Levendoski was the runner-up in the 200 backstroke. Pontecorvo also added to her contribution with a third place finish in the 500 freestyle.

Leading the Bison in diving were Tara Boyle ’15 and Katie Hetherington ’15, who finished with first place victories in the one-meter and three-meter boards, respectively. In support, Tori Molchany ’15 was fourth off both boards, followed by teammate Lisa Bolle ’13 who finished seventh in the one-meter and fifth in the three-meter.

“Our meet this weekend went very well,” Levendoski said. “We are continuing to improve and are getting faster at every meet. It was the first meet against teams in our conference so it was a good gauge of our competition. We are looking forward to our meet this weekend against Lafayette and the Bison Invitational next weekend.”

The weekend left the Bison’s overall record this season at 1-3. Tomorrow the Orange and Blue face Lafayette at home before the Bucknell Invitational takes place on Nov. 16-18.