Men's basketball ready for a challenge

Alex Wagner
Sports Editor

The Bison men’s basketball will return for the 2012-2013 season with a vengeance.  After falling in a heartbreaker to Lehigh in the last year’s Patriot League final, the Orange and Blue will look to reassert their dominance amongst their rivals.  The team was picked second in the Patriot League Preseason Poll.

The Bison will have their home opener against a very strong George Mason squad on November 13.  At least three games throughout the season will be featured on CBS Sports Network, including both games against rival Lehigh.  In addition, three of the Bison’s first four Patriot League matchups will be at home, with Lehigh being the only Patriot League team to defeat the Orange and Blue in tournament play in the last two years.  Other notable fixtures include in-state rival Penn State and SEC newcomer Missouri.

Many familiar faces will be returning this year for the Bison.  Most notable is center Mike Muscala ’13, who was named to the CollegeInsider.com Preseason All-America Team and the Preseason All-League team, which features only five players from the entire Patriot League.  Guard Cameron Ayers ’14, who was a Second Team All-Patriot League selection last year, was also a Preseason All-PL selection.  Other key contributors to watch out for will be guard Bryson Johnson ’13 and forward Joe Willman ’13.

The journey begins on November 13 when the Bison travel to West Lafayette, Indiana to take on Purdue in the 2K Sports Classic.