Bucknell receives high marks from ‘U.S. News & World Report 2024 Best Colleges’
Bucknell Student Government election winners share goals for upcoming year
Has Olivia Rodrigo entered a new era, or is GUTS just an extension of SOUR?
A Bucknellian’s guide to being Kenough

A Bucknellian’s guide to being Kenough

September 22, 2023

Bucknell’s Lopez wins State Museum of Pennsylvania Competition

September 22, 2023

Platt and King torch opponents as Bison roll at Carnegie Mellon Women’s Tennis Invitational

September 22, 2023

BSG reports on Lupe Fiasco, credit card machine for 7th Street Cafe

Ethan Zubkoff ’14

At the weekly meeting of the Bucknell Student Government (BSG) Congress on April 7, class representatives and officers reported that Seventh Street Café will soon join other University dining establishments and accept credit cards.

The Concert Committee also reported to the BSG Congress its reaction to artist Lupe Fiasco’s premature ending of his Spring Concert performance when he walked off stage on April 5.

Because he walked off stage after performing only a couple of songs, the Concert Committee will not be paying him for his work. With most students opting to stay for the second act of the concert, the committee was able to make money off the concert and will use the artist’s fee to pay for future events as well as past debts accumulated from Avicii’s cancellation last fall, according to BSG President Loren Jablon ’15.

The BSG-run syllabus bank was another important topic discussed. Already, over 500 students have signed up to take advantage of the syllabus bank, which would allow students to see syllabi for each class as they choose their next semester’s courses. The students involved in the project reported to the congress that the project has been put on hold since the University faculty revealed that they will be creating a similar bank. The student government is trying to coordinate with the academic deans so that both projects can work in tandem with each other.