Thrill-seeking student waits until the last minute to reset MyBucknell password

Madeline Diamond, Senior Editor

Kevin Kress ’17 decided to add a little chaos to his life and waited until 11:59:59 p.m. to reset his MyBucknell password, lest he get locked out of his account.

“I need to get on Moodle and Banner Web, so obviously I didn’t want to get locked out of my account, but I decided to give myself a little thrill and wait until the last possible second to change my password,” Kress said. “Just a little something to take the edge off.”

Director of University Passwords Lisa Larison expressed her frustration with students like Kress.

“We give students at least a 13 day warning to change their passwords and we email them every day, so there is really no excuse for waiting this long,” Larison said. “Our server gets flooded with all the procrastinators around 11:50 p.m. the night before accounts become locked and it risks shutting the whole system down.”

Kress did in fact update his password on time, although he admitted that his decision to wait until the deadline was irresponsible.

“I’m graduating and I haven’t checked that many items off my bucket list, like streaking the quad, so I thought I’d do something a little safer,” he said. “It wasn’t quite as exhilarating, but I still felt pretty tough in the moment.”