Five spring break destinations you can’t pass up

Amy Schlussler, Contributing Writer

1. Yoga Retreat, Somewhere in upstate New York:

This week long retreat provides its clients with endless hours of yoga and meditation sessions while surrounded by scenic views of upstate New York. Vegetarian, vegan, paleo, pescatarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options are available.

2. Omaha, Nebraska:

You are destined to have an unforgettable time in Omaha, regardless of what you do or where you stay. From shopping and mini golf, to zoos and museums, Omaha offers something for everyone. The massive number of motels on every corner will save you and your pals the extra cash to spend on your nights out at Omaha’s finest nightlife spots.

3. Excel 101 Classes, Public Library:

While it may be spring break, it is important to keep your brain active and engaged. Sign up for 3-hour long classes at your local public library, which will teach you everything you need to know about Excel, so you can come back to school and show off your newly-acquired skills to all your friends.

4. Kevin’s Basement, Northern New Jersey:

Who says you have to spend tons of money on spring break this year? Get together with your high school buddies and crash in Kevin’s newly drywalled basement for the week. Nothing beats good company and a semi-furnished man cave!

5. Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pa.:

This destination is one that can’t be topped. Instead of getting off campus and soaking up the sun somewhere warm or reuniting with old friends from high school, stay at the University and sit in your room for seven days straight. Discover the hidden corners of the Bertrand Library while getting ahead on work or enjoy the limited dining options that will be available. It’ll be a spring break you won’t soon forget!