Target runs out of tents as Bucknellians camp out for Cafsgiving

Kathleen McGivern, Staff Writer

Bostwick Marketplace hosted its annual “Cafsgiving” on Nov. 8. This event, sponsored by the University, is a feast of Thanksgiving food filled with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, apple pie, pumpkin pie, and all the other side dishes that a student could hope for. However, because of the popularity of the event, students are often lined up outside the Elaine Langone Center (ELC) before doors open at 5 p.m.

This year, to beat the line, many students have reportedly “camped out.” The Selinsgrove Target announced that it has sold out of tents this year due to the high demand by University students. Bostwick Marketplace noted that a record number of students, specifically camping students, attended the dinner. Upwards of 20 tents surrounded the ELC by Thursday afternoon. The tents held up to eight students each, many of whom had been camping out since Monday for the huge event.

Andy Moore ’21 said, “My friends and I came to camp out on Wednesday night. And already we were the eighth tent in line. But it was honestly worth it. We got the best food, and a coveted corner table in the Caf.”

The University administration is currently finding ways to make the event’s line move more quickly, but until then, Target can count on annual tent sell-outs around the time of Bostwick Marketplace’s “Cafsgiving.”