Bison Men’s Tennis Finishes Strong at Villanova

Morgan Sohosky, Contributing Writer

As the Bison student-athletes are finally getting settled back into campus life, the Men’s Tennis Team is just starting their fall season. They traveled to Villanova, Pa. to compete against Villanova Men’s Tennis from Sept. 9-11. With a strong continuation of the season, Nick Mueller ’23 and Brendan McDonald ’26 brought the team home after winning three consecutive mini competitions.

This was a non-traditional format for the Bison as they played doubles first then broke into singles matches. Nonetheless, the team thrived in this setting. Mueller and McDonald stole the show for the Bison, sweeping Colgate and Saint Joseph’s Friday and Saturday, respectively, along with a two point win over Lehigh on Sunday.

As for the Blue Draw, Tim Zelikovsky ’24 and Amar Tahirovic ’26 were paired against Lehigh in the first round. Tahirovic won his first match in three sets, however Lehigh stole the other two points to top the Bison. They advanced to the third-place match where they competed against Lafayette and defeated them as well as defeating Lehigh in two singles matches on Sunday. Michael Owen ’23 also clinched a singles win over Lafeyette’s Josh Wolfe.

The mini groups totaled a 6-3 record with individuals being at 17-9. Overall, it was a good, winning weekend for the Bison.

They will head to Vestal, N.Y. next weekend to compete at the Binghamton Invitational.