2024 Commencement Student Speaker: Lea Tarzy
Alexandra Slofkiss: 2024 Commencement Soloist
Outstanding Senior Award: Bernadette Maramis
Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion: Gloria Sporea

May 10, 2024

Excellence in Athletics Award: Meghan Quinn

May 10, 2024

Excellence in the Arts Award: Joselyn Busato

May 10, 2024

Men's golf struggles at Lehigh

By Alex Wagner

The men’s golf team placed seventh out of eight teams this week at the two-day Lehigh Invitational in Bethlehem, Pa.

Individually, Dan Bernard ’13 led the Bison by shooting only seven strokes over par for both days, earning him a tie with four others for ninth place individually. He shot 75 on Saturday and 76 on Sunday for a 151 overall.

“Dan Bernard did an exceptional job of hanging in after a tough start,” coach Jim Cotner said. “He was four over par after three holes and played the last 15 holes in even par. He was the only one able to post a score that we expect from our players.”

Schuyler Stitzer ’14 and Jon Hartman ’13 were the next two finishers for the Orange and the Blue, both tying in a group of seven for 24th place.  Hartman had a strong finish on Saturday, finishing with an even par of 72, but his 83 strokes on Sunday evened him out with the crowd.  Stitzer was more consistent over the weekend, shooting a 79 and a 76.

“The golf course played very long (6900 yards) and was very wet. The first day I thought we did a pretty good job of handling the course and weather conditions,” Cotner said.  “Day two was a different story. We just did not get the consistency needed to compete. ”

Will Bachman ’12 put in another consistent outing for the Bison, shooting an 80 and a 78 to earn 34th place.  He was followed by J.J. Szmadzinski ’13, who shot 77 and 84, putting him in 38th place.

The conclusion of the Lehigh Invitational marks the end of the men’s golf team’s fall season.