Sleeping Around: Morning Romps

By Stacey Lace

Columnist

You know how great it feels to take a hot shower right after you wake up? You get a feeling of refreshment and cleansing, giving you the strength to get through your busy day. It’s the second best way to start the day.

The absolute best is morning sex. Let’s not pretend it doesn’t feel so good. I wake up horny. I realize “morning wood” is usually thought of as exclusively male, but it’s not. My morning wood just doesn’t peek out from between the sheets. Rather than take a cold shower to cool off, I’d like to take advantage of the fact that I have a gorgeous guy in bed next to me. (No comment on my own bedhead. I like to think I wake up looking something like a naked Jackie Onassis—classy and well put-together, just a little more naked and alluring.)

It just puts me in such a great mood to get it on before I do anything else. It’s so nice to spend the morning lounging in bed, lazily enjoying each other. I love the way morning sex can be slow and sensual, unlike nighttime sex, when I typically tend to focus on getting to the main event and falling asleep while snuggled up close together. In the morning, I can be so much more cognizant of the moment and less concerned with everything else in my life.

Playing in the morning leaves plenty of time for giggling, caressing, massaging … basically all the best parts of having sex. I can spend my time indulging in every single tingle and feeling of pleasure I feel all over my body.

I love the way it can be so playful and fun, yet so serious and meaningful at the same time. There’s so much more playful touching and kissing when I do it in the morning. It’s less sex-with-a-prostitute “Risky Business” and more sweaty-hand-on-the-window “Titanic.” Honestly, nothing compares to that scene in the car when Leo and Kate just can’t keep their hands off each other. It’s so clear they just want to touch, and so clear that doing it with each other is super gratifying.

Another perk to doing it in the a.m. is my energy level. Like I said, at night, I just like to do it and head to bed. But in the morning, I’m well-rested enough to really make the encounter count.

This weekend, when you go through round one on Saturday night, don’t forget that round two on Sunday morning (and maybe round three in the afternoon) can be just as good, if not better.