BSU stuns in annual Fashion Show
George M. Johnson speaks on diverse storytelling for Bucknell Forum
Digging into the three dining services finalists
To what extent are dorm checks ethical?

To what extent are dorm checks ethical?

Women’s Lacrosse triumphs in home opener against Robert Morris

The Comfort Suites hotel: A unique Bucknell living space?

Softball shut out by rival Lehigh

By Thomas Walter

The softball team dropped four straight to Patriot League rival Lehigh last weekend in Bethlehem, Pa. Despite heading into the weekend with newfound confidence following a win agains La Salle last week, the Orange and Blue could not manufacture any offensive production, falling in all four games by scores of 9-0, 8-0, 8-0, and 9-0.

After being outscored 34-0 the Bison are well aware that their bats need to come alive if they hope to take down Army this coming weekend.

“We need all of the parts of our game to come together,” Meredith Dickson ’12 said. “We need to wake up our bats and have consistent pitching outings. We need to rely on the confidence we have in ourselves.”

Certainly, the team’s future success will lie on whether or not it can begin to put runners on base and produce the timely hits necessary to put key runs on the board. During this past weekend’s series, the Bison failed to record more than four hits in any single game, putting all the pressure on the pitching staff to be perfect, but the Bison pitchers were not up to the task. 

“We really struggled with our hitting and pitching this weekend, so going into this weekend we really need to focus maximizing hits on offense and minimizing them when pitching,” Courtney Conover ’14 said.

In order to put an end to this losing streak, the Orange and Blue will need to pull it all together against a very strong Army team that is 22-15 overall and 5-3 in conference. Despite their winless Patriot League record, the Bison remain confident and know that they are a strong team.

“In order to stay confident during this losing streak we have to remind ourselves that we can compete with any team in the patriot league,” Conover said.