Student demonstration takes hold at A Night with the Presidents
University to open Dominguez Center for Data Science
A night for Bucknell to wake up
Bucknell Athletics fan club: Bison Nation

November 10, 2023

Women’s Soccer are officially THREE-PEAT Champions

November 10, 2023

Men’s Soccer has impressive 2-1 win against Lehigh

November 10, 2023

Trend Report: Black, White & Orange All Over

By Kate Jansen

I must confess. I have recently been living vicariously through the models sporting spring dresses and open-toed pumps. This dismal wintry weather we’ve had for the past few weeks has definitely made me wish that spring would come sooner. In that respect, I think it would be appropriate to delve into spring’s hottest hues: black, white and orange.

Formal: Don’t be afraid to buy white heels this spring (it is technically before Labor Day). They can create an elegant, sophisticated look when paired with a black mini skirt and a chiffon or peplum top. Accessorize with gold or orange-tinged studs or cocktail rings to finish off the look.

Nautical: Keep an eye out for black and white stripes this season. Piperlime offers a great variety of black and white patterns, from maxi skirts to mini dresses. Polish off your look with a solid colored scarf. Accessorize with anchor-adorned bracelets and white watches, and top the outfit off with navy Topsiders and a solid orange tote bag. (For inexpensive accessories, check out Piperlime, Madewell and Urban Outfitters.)

Preppy: For a preppier flare, pick pieces in solid black, white or orange and pair them with bold statement jewelry. For example, pair an orange shift dress (see Piperlime) with a black statement necklace, a white blazer and neutral flats for a casual-chic look.