Jane Fonda delves into past and future activism for Bucknell Forum
Bucknell responds to request for RA Union, election to be held next week
EXTINCTION: Using art and technology to preserve history
Reflections on language, technology and connecting with others

A unique spring break: Student researchers travel to Japan

(OCTO)PUSS PSA: Jake Shane comes to Bucknell!

Softball loses twice to Drexel

Katherine Harris

Senior Writer

After 21 consecutive road games, the women’s softball team faced off against Drexel on March 27 in its first two home games of the season. Unfortunately, the Bison could not get a win in either half of the doubleheader, losing both by a score of 3-1.

In the first game, the Bison offense was led by Cydnee Sanders ’15. Sanders not only posted two singles and a triple, but also scored the only run for the Orange and Blue.

“We had trouble stringing along hits. We have been working on a lot of little things to improve our game, and I think we just have to put it all together now,” Sanders said.

Several other members of the team also performed well in the tight loss. Mary Horton ’13 posted the Bison’s only other two hits in the match. Pitcher Amanda Fazio ’16 also had a good day, pitching a full game and allowing only five hits, with no earned runs.

After a brief break, the Orange and Blue looked for revenge in the second half of the doubleheader. The Bison were hot early and jumped out to a quick lead in the second inning when Sanders got on base with a single and was later driven in on a single by Lauren Swindell ’16. Dana Nielsen ’16 got the loss on the mound. Despite being credited with all three runs, she managed to strike out seven opponents on the day.

The Bison will continue their stretch of home games this weekend when they host Lehigh for doubleheaders starting at 1 p.m. and 12 p.m. on March 30 and March 31, respectively.