Young Love: An open letter to that couple from freshman year

Madeleine Silva, Web Managing Editor

I see you; we all see you. You’re that couple that created a relationship out of the hot muggy air that festered throughout New Student Orientation back in August. While the majority of students struggled to find even the bathroom, you two somehow managed to find love.

That’s really great for you; we all applaud you for that. And we have supported you throughout the years, half waiting for you to break up and half genuinely shocked that two people could stand each other for so long—four years!

It is spring semester of senior year, an equally exciting and stressful time for the student body. And your obvious love for each other while you walk to your 8 a.m. classes does not bode well for the rest of the day. Since most of us have only been awake for, like, 10 minutes, maybe try not holding hands and laughing while gazing deeply into each other’s eyes. Don’t exacerbate the fact that not only is it ungodly early and we are outside in the cold, but also that it is ungodly early, we are outside in the cold, and the rest of us are single.

Just try for the sake of the campus climate, while you are walking to class, or anywhere in public, to look slightly disinterested in each other. Maybe you had a fight? Who knows! Just carry out this façade until graduation. Don’t worry, we will still like all of your social media couple posts! Thanks.