Bison of The Week: Ralph Rucker ’25

Following a record-setting performance against Colgate University, Bison quarterback Ralph Rucker ’25 was named the Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week and Bison of the Week. 

During Saturday’s game, Rucker passed for 387 yards, setting a new school record, passing Rob Glus ’94. This also marked the most completions made by the Bison in over 20 years (33 completions). Rucker is the only Bison since 2015 to complete four touchdown passes in a game. Rucker managed to get three different receivers touchdowns, as well as a 35- and 49-yarder.

Rucker is the first Bison to pass the 300-yard mark since 2015. He is among eight other quarterbacks to throw for over 300 yards in school history.

Against Colgate, Rucker managed to complete 75 percent of his 44 attempts and prevented any turnovers. On the season he has 13 touchdown passes, three interceptions and a rushing touchdown from an earlier game against Cornell. Rucker is creeping up on passing the school record for total passing yards which currently sits at 1,686 yards. He is also two passing touchdowns away from taking the fifth spot for all-time touchdown passes in a season. 

Rucker wasn’t the only Bison to have a shining performance last week. The team’s offense totaled 593 yards, the second most in program history. They also scored 49 points, the most since 2003. Eric Weatherly ’26 and Josh Gary ’26 combined for three touchdowns. The two tallied 271 yards, the first time any Bison has gone over 100 yards since 2014. Rushawn Baker ’25 and Coleman Bennett ’24 combined for 198 yards and three touchdowns.

Catch Rucker and the rest of the Bison this weekend away at Fordham.