Fight breaks out between Management 101 companies selling shirts

The past few weeks have been a grind for students enrolled in a Management 101 class. They have been working tirelessly with their service partners, putting together fundraising events, and if that is not enough, they have been competing with other companies to sell their personalized products to other Bucknellians.

The competition reached its climax Thursday morning. It seemed like just another Thursday for Companies A and B. They were at their respective tables in the ELC trying to market their t-shirts to any student or faculty member who would look their way. However, when a group of 20 students walked through the door, both companies were determined to win them over.

Luckily for Company B, they were closer to the door. Therefore, they had a prime opportunity to sell 20 shirts and make enormous profits on the day. 

Company A had to act quickly. These were their profits just as much as Company B’s! So, they did what came to mind first. They quickly retrieved a plate from the caf and smashed it on the floor in front of the two tables. This caused the 20 students, as well as the students from Company B, to erupt in applause in order to carry out the Bucknell tradition. 

While this was all going on, a Company A member slipped behind Company B’s table, grabbed the cardboard box of shirts and sprinted out the door towards 7th Street. The applause came to an end, and Company B turned around to pull out 20 shirts for their customers. However, to their dismay, the box was nowhere to be found.

So, the students moved on to Company A’s table. At least they actually had shirts, they thought. Money was being exchanged, and company members were writing down the names of the students who were buying shirts. But Company B wasn’t going to let this slide. So, one Company B member went up to the caf to fill up a bucket of chili and brought it back down to the ELC. They then “accidentally” tripped and spilled the entire bucket of chili over Company A’s entire box of shirts.

Disappointed, the students walked away, and no sales were made. Though both companies were dejected after losing profits and their entire supply of shirts, they were even happier to watch their competition fail.

It was just another day in the life of Management 101.