Students boycott finals, blame the cold

The past week has been a cold one. Although we’re not even in December yet, we received our first snow earlier this week. This is not a good sign for the weeks to come, as it is becoming apparent that it is going to be a cold winter.

The cold has left a profound impact on students’ motivation levels. No one wants to leave their room, as they believe they will get sick if they are exposed to cold temperatures. Classrooms were nearly empty, leaving professors flabbergasted.

With finals approaching and motivation levels down, the student body decided to continue to use this idea to their advantage and boycott their exams due to the cold. However, they quickly realized that the temperature alone would not be enough of a reason for professors to cancel. 

Luckily, with the weather being sub-20 degrees the entire first week of finals and with a considerable amount of snow covering the ground, students became encouraged that their plan could actually work. Students worked day and night to shovel piles of snow up against their doors and had their friends take pictures from the outside. They then sent these pictures to their professors, claiming that they could not open their doors and therefore could not take the final exam.

Professors were outraged that students would go to such lengths to miss a test but were even more enraged that they had no evidence to prove that the students had planned the entire thing. They went to President Bravman expecting that he would come to their defense. Luckily for students, hundreds of pounds of snow had fallen from a tree onto Bravman’s front porch, preventing him from opening his door.

So, all final exams were canceled. It simply wouldn’t be fair to make some students take the finals while others got off scot-free. Students were overwhelmed with glee as the realization hit them that their plan had actually worked. The success of their plan meant that winter break had come early!

One problem, though: they couldn’t leave for break if they couldn’t open their front doors. Winter break would have to wait.