Aiden Tacker / The Bucknellian

Bucknell Track and Field hosted the Bison Outdoor Classic meet last weekend, and it lasted from April 12-14. 

On day one for the men, Michael Chernova ’27 and Miguel Megrete ’24 competed in the decathlon. Chernova finished in ninth place with 2965 points with a third-place finish in the high jump with a leap of 5-5 ¼ and a fifth-place finish in the 100-meter dash with a time of 11.50. Negrete placed eleventh, with eleventh-place finishes in the high jump (5-6 ½ ), 100-meter dash (11.81), and 400-meter dash (56.70).

On day two, the men grabbed one win and several more top-ten placements.

Bernard Kemp ’27 won the long jump with a jump of 24-1 ½ and Jeffrey Cianfrocca ’26 placed fifth in the high jump at 6-6.

Braden Stryker ’25 won sixth place in the discus throw with a heave of 167-11, the 7th best throw in Bucknell history. Jack Higgins ’27 also made the history books for Bucknell with a time of 14:20.15, getting him 10th on the Bucknell all-time list for the 5000-meter run.

Wade Shomper ’26 was awarded sixth in the shot put with a toss of 54-9 ½. Then, Carter Boullard ’27 finished 7th in the unseeded 1500-meter run with a time of 3:59.57.

The men excelled on the final day with several more top-ten finishes.

The Bison 4×100 meter relay of Amani Brown ’27, Preston Lubeski ’27, Brian Scotto ’25 and Brandon Foust ’25 finished seventh with a time of 42.01. Ethan Wolford-Tuffy ’24 climbed to 7th in the Bucknell record books in the 400-meter dash with a time of 48.07. Aiden Tacker ’26 finished 10th later in the day in the hammer throw with a heave of 177-4.

The women for Bucknell started off the meet by selecting two athletes, Abby Eisold ’24 and Allison Flaherty ’26, for the heptathlon. The blue heptathlon and orange heptathlon were the only women’s events held on the first day. Four events were hosted on the first day, and three on the second day. Both Eisold and Falthery competed in the blue heptathlon. 

Eisold, who holds fifth in the Bucknell history books for the event, sat at third place after the first day with 2917 points. She placed second in the high jump, third in the 100-meter hurdles and shot put, and fourth in the 200-meter dash. 

Flaherty sat in tenth place after the first day with 2289 points. Flaherty finished ninth in the high jump, 100-meter hurdles, and shot put, and placed tenth in the 200-meter dash. 

On the second day of competition, Bucknell continued their strong performances. 

Finishing up the heptathlon, Eisold won bronze with 4688 points, ranking her third in Bucknell history, while Flaherty earned ninth with 3630 points. 

Sharp ’27 continued her successful outdoor season with victories in discus and shot put. Her discus throw of 156-3 earned her fourth-best in Bucknell history. 

In other field events, Christine Ajao ’25 earned sixth in the shot put and eighth in Bison history, while Abby Kates ’24 finished seventh in the high jump.

For runners, Meghan Rentner ’25 finished seventh in the 3000-meter steeplechase, Abby Paczewski ’24 placed 17th in the 5000-meter run, Caryn Rippey ’26 earned 24th in the 1500-meter run and Meghan Smith ’24 clinched 28th in the 10,000 meter run.

In unseeded events, Maizy Aikey ’27 placed fifth in the 10,000-meter run, Alexa Andron ’27 earned 22nd in the 800-meter run and Madeline Barber ’26 placed 52nd in the 5000-meter run. 

On the third, and final day of competition, the throwing team added two more wins and a facility record. Additionally, the Classic was cut short of several events due to lightning. 

Evelyn Bliss ’27 dominated the javelin throw winning gold and beating the West Fields facility record with a 170-10 foot toss. Furthermore, for the throwers, Madison McGloin ’24 won first in the hammer throw and moved up to fifth all-time in Bison history.

In other field events, Kaia Slaw ’24 clinched 27th in the triple jump, while in the pole vault, Elizabeth Bryant ’26 registered a 12-1 ½ clearance, tying her for sixth all-time in Bucknell history.

For runners, Meghan Quinn ’24 added another top-ten spot to her career by finishing third in the 400-meter dash and third in Bucknell history. Furthermore, Bella Johns ’27 finished eighth in the mile, Ella Derstine ’25 took 23rd in the 400-meter hurdles, Anna Posh ’25 slotted 27th in the 800-meter run, Grubb earned 30th in the 100-meter hurdles, Amanda Agambire ’26 finished 52nd in the 200-meter dash, and Lila Gaughan ’24 placing 57th in the 100-meter dash. 

The 4×100-meter relay team also had a banner day. The quartet of Agambire, Quinn, Gaughan and Karen Hull ’24 finished fourth overall and second in the Bucknell history books. 

After a great weekend of competition, the Bison will remain in Lewisburg, PA next weekend for the annual Bucknell Team Challenge.