Is Bucknell haunted???

As the time grows nearer to Halloween night, campus has become more and more spooky. Reports have surfaced that ghosts have started chasing students walking back to their dorms late at night, and other students swear they have their own unique spooky stories to tell.

Tommy Paulson ’25 insistently claimed that the toy skeletons in the caf had come to life, but they only moved when he looked at them. “Nobody believes me that the school is haunted. If only Freddie Krueger could make an appearance on campus so they could see for themselves that something fishy is going on.”

The next day, Tommy’s wish came true. At 8 p.m. Thursday evening, Bertrand Library went black. Most students didn’t think anything of it, as they assumed there was a simple power outage. However, to their chagrin, they peered outside to see that the weather was clear. They weren’t dealing with a power outage; Bertrand was haunted!

Nobody said a word. Just then, an ear-piercing shriek rang in the air, and a witch on a broom came crashing through Bertrand’s windows. She chased students out the front doors as they scrambled for dear life.

At the same time, a masked man came sprinting up the library stairs and wielded a weapon at shivering students, still with their binders and computers in front of them.

Then the strangest thing happened. A tall figure emerged from the darkness out of the back right corner of Bertrand. He seemed to be slowly waltzing into view, waddling back and forth with a slight limp. The remaining students gasped as they realized who it was. It was Frankenstein, and he was coming for blood.

However, the remaining students’ fear turned into laughter when they observed Frankenstein closer. He was wearing a goofy green costume, so he obviously wasn’t the real Frankenstein. How foolish they were! 

The fun and games were over, and it was time for the actors to reveal themselves. Bravman was dressed as Frankenstein, and the witch and masked man were both caf workers. Students were filled with relief after they realized this was all a skit. There was nothing to worry about, and Bucknell wasn’t haunted all along. The rumors were obviously started to scare unsuspecting first-years.

Paulson sat down at the caf the next day grinning from ear to ear. He was elated that the rumors were proven false, and he concluded he was simply seeing things the previous day when thought he saw the skeletons come to life.

But when he took a bite of his turkey sandwich, he was horrified by a loud crunch that almost cracked his tooth. He peered down to see a skeleton’s finger inside.