FIJI Camo was so good that we couldn’t see it???

Featuring SAE’s CoachSAEella and Lambda’s Safari amongst an assortment of other events, last Friday Night at Bucknell would have made Katy Perry proud. There was, however, one particularly notable absence from the night’s festivities: FIJI Camo. 

FIJI, one of Bucknell’s top fraternities, hyped the event up to no end by advertising on YikYak and producing a video that was nothing less than a cinematic masterpiece. Even on the day of the event, members of FIJI could be found parading around campus in their trucks and camo, alerting everyone on campus that tonight was the night to pull up to party with the “wolf pack” as they are affectionately called. But much like the Avatar when the Fire Nation attacked, when Bucknell needed them most, FIJI vanished. 

Camilla Leon, a student who had been looking forward to attending the event, expressed her disappointment, “I showed up to where the party was supposed to be, and I didn’t see anyone there… I didn’t even see their house!” 

What actually happened on Friday has been the subject of intense debate on campus. Many students have echoed Leon, claiming that the event, or lack thereof, was a major letdown. No official explanation has come out, but some claim that FIJI was a victim of Bucknell’s resident boogeyman and woman, Patrick “PSafe” Safetymen and Buffalo Valerie. While it might seem implausible, this theory makes quite a bit of sense. Fraternities on campus have been going missing left and right for weeks, being taken to who-knows-where by the pair. Perhaps it was just FIJI’s turn to be made to disappear. 

That theory has been gaining traction, but some students still aren’t buying it. Ian Havabrain ’25 argued, “It was a camo event… did you idiots seriously expect to see them?”

While Havabrain’s explanation for what happened lacks tact, it would make sense. FIJI is known to shoot for the fences when they have events, so if they were to have a camo party, they probably would have gone all-out, wrapping themselves and their house with the best camouflage money can buy. However, one problem with this idea is that no one who went to the party, if it occurred, is talking about it, including members of the fraternity. Why would they just let rumors spread about it not happening?

Ultimately, no one knows (or will ever know) for certain what happened to FIJI Camo. The existence of boogeymen on campus is a hard-to-swallow pill for everybody, but it also seems unlikely that with all of the time and effort they put into advertising it, FIJI would pull a disappearing act that would make John Cena and Houdini proud. After all, good camo is hard to find!