Bison Athlete of the Week: Hallie Kennen '12

By Chris McCree

Sports Editor

Player Profile:

Hallie Kennan ’12

Position: Driver

Hometown: Palo Alto, Calif.

Major: Environmental Studies

Statistics:

Games: 2

Goals: 5

Assists: 5

Steals: 2

Field Blocks: 1

Heading into last weekend riding a rough 10-game losing streak, the women’s water polo team came away with two big wins over Mercyhurst and Grove City thanks in large part to the strong play of Hallie Kennan ’12. Kennan recorded a total of 10 points over the two games, leading the Orange and Blue with three goals and four assists in the first game. The senior then added two more goals and an assist later in the nightcap against Grove City. Kennan’s seven-point performance against the Lakers tied a person career-high for Kennan and is the best individual performance of the season for the team.

Through the team’s 30 games this season, Kennan has certainly been the Orange and Blue’s most productive offensive weapon. Sitting nine points above the team’s second-highest points earner, Kennan has recorded 42 goals and 43 assists so far this season, making her just 20 points shy of the 300 mark for her career. On the defensive side, Kennan has made her presence felt, recording a team-high of 40 steals as well as nine field blocks.

Since beginning her collegiate career in 2009, Kennan has played a critical part in the team’s successes. During her sophomore year, Kennan emerged as the team’s top scorer with 58 goals in 27 games and earned Second Team All-CWPA Southern Division honors. Last season, Kennan once again led the team with 55 goals and was recognized for her demonstrated leadership and loyalty to the team by earning the team’s Allyson Gillespie Award. With one month remaining in her Orange and Blue career, Kennan will look to carry the team to a strong finish.

The Bison will take on Michigan and GW next weekend in College Park, Md., before hosting the Southern Championships on April 14 to 15.