Women’s Golf faces tough opponents at Patriot League Championships

At last week’s Patriot League Championship (April 19 through April 21), Bucknell’s women’s golf team took on Navy, Boston University, Lehigh, Richmond and Holy Cross, ultimately finishing fifth. While the road to victory may have been challenging, their resilience and skill were evident throughout the tournament.

Sophomore standout Paige Richter ’26 stole the spotlight, firing a remarkable 3-over-par 73, securing her second consecutive All-Patriot League medal. This stellar performance placed her alone in seventh place, boasting a total score of 226 across 54 holes. Notably, Richter’s birdies on the par-5 9th and 15th holes were instrumental in propelling Bucknell’s momentum forward.

Joined by a cohort of promising freshmen, Richter led the charge for the Bison. Nicole Yun ’27, displaying remarkable composure, unveiled her talent with 13 pars, finishing with a solid 75. Meanwhile, Lila Smith ’27 and Katherine Vice ’27 exhibited glimpses of their potential with scores of 79 each, contributing greatly to the team. Sofia Nogalo ’27 also went on an impressive run of three consecutive birdies.

Despite facing stiff competition, notably from first and second-placed Navy and Boston University, Bucknell Women’s Golf held their ground. Navy’s stellar performance ultimately clinched the team championship with a commendable score of 882 over 54 holes.

Richter’s exceptional performance earned her a well-deserved spot on the All-Patriot League Second Team, a testament to her consistent brilliance on the course.

Off the greens, accolades poured in as coaches across the league recognized outstanding talent.