Women’s Soccer are officially THREE-PEAT Champions

Lauren Medeiros, Photography Co-Editor / The Bucknellian

It came as no surprise that midfielder Teresa Deda ’25 put up two goals for the Bison last week, helping them secure the win over Boston University. As a result, the Bison were sent to the Patriot League title match for the third consecutive time against Army West Point. The team’s current record is 12-3-4 with a current unbeaten streak of eight consecutive games. 

From the start of the first half, the Bison played strong with three straight goals and only one goal scored on goalkeeper Jenna Hall ’24 with 13 seconds left in the game. It was only 4:30 into the game when Deda scored the first goal with an impressive left footed shot into the right-side netting.

However, Deda wasn’t the only star of the game. Hall had an impressive game with seven saves, the first of which occurred on a dangerous free kick from the Terriers. This save felt even more important when the Bison scored their second goal of the night in the 24th minute. Defender Meghan White ’26 had an impressive pass to forward Paige Temple ’25, who then set White up for a perfect right footed shot on goal. 

The Terriers refused to give up as they entered the second half of the game. It was only 3:38 minutes into resumed play that forward Henna Andican ’26 sent a header assist to Deda that ultimately gave the latter her second goal of the game and the Bison a third goal on the scoreboard. Deda currently has nine assists and nine goals, giving her the second most for both in the Patriot League. Andican tied Deda’s record with two assists during the game, also giving her a total of nine assists. 

Additionally, the Bison defense played a stellar game. A special shoutout to defender Katie Schiano ’26, who continued to keep a strong line as the Terriers attempted multiple shots on goal. 

After that victory, the Patriot League Championship game took place the following Sunday afternoon at Army. What a game for the Orange and Blue as Patriot League MVP goalkeeper Hall made 13 total saves throughout the game and during overtime, then stopped three more PK shots leading the Bison to their third consecutive championship win. 

Almost identical to last year’s championship, the same two teams faced off against each other in a scoreless game with a big thanks to Hall. With 30 shots fired in her direction, Hall continued to fight and keep a clear head as she protected the Bison goal over and over again. 

After an intense regulation game and round of overtime, the Bison started their round of penalty kicks strongly with a shot into the left side of the net by Deda. Then they were given an immediate advantage after Hall saved the first PK attempt by the Black Knights. White and midfielder Reese Evans ’25 both scored their goals, quickly followed by two shots scored on Hall from the Black Knights. Then, forward Temple had a near miss on the right post, but Hall saved another shot attempt by the Black Knights. The Black Knights goalie then made a save on forward Kelley Francis ’25, which then sent the shootout into extra frames. 

Next up for the Bison was Kalli Wethern ’25 with a hard shot straight to the back of the net. Hall ended up securing the win with a leaping save against the last PK shot by the Black Knights.

At the end of the game, both teams had a total of 47 combined shots on goal and 20 on frame. Along with Hall, the Patriot League MVP, Deda, Schiano and Brooke Tracey ’24 were named on the all-tournament team. The Bison’s current record is 12-3-5 going into the NCAA game. 

The Bison made history with their impressive three-peat. Prior to them, Boston University won three consecutive championships from 2013-15. Before that, Colgate had six consecutive wins from 1994-99 and three consecutive wins from 1990-92. The Bison will now take their chances at the NCAA Tournament for the third consecutive year after a devastating loss at Ohio State last season.