BSU stuns in annual Fashion Show
George M. Johnson speaks on diverse storytelling for Bucknell Forum
Digging into the three dining services finalists
To what extent are dorm checks ethical?

To what extent are dorm checks ethical?

Women’s Lacrosse triumphs in home opener against Robert Morris

The Comfort Suites hotel: A unique Bucknell living space?

Women's tennis suffers first losses of season to Pittsburgh and Duquesne

Katherine Harris

Senior Writer

The women’s tennis team had a tough weekend on the road, battling against Pittsburgh on Feb. 8 to an eventual 6-1 loss, followed by another tough 6-1 defeat to Duquesne the next day.

The Bison picked up their first loss of the season when they traveled to the Alpha Tennis and Fitness Club to compete against a tough Pittsburgh squad. Maria Cioffi ’16 led the Bison on the day, defeating her No. 2 singles opponent 6-3, 6-2. Cioffi also boosted the Bison’s score with a doubles victory, partnering with Elena Vidrascu ’14 to score an 8-3 victory in the No. 1 match. Unfortunately, these were the only highlights of the day for the Bison, who ultimately fell in a 6-1 loss.

The Orange and Blue also had trouble against Duquesne. Lydia Colvin ’15 notched the only victory for the Bison on the day, defeating her opponent in the No. 3 singles match 6-7, 6-4, 10-7 at the end of the day. Once again, the Bison were not able to build on the victory, ending with a 6-1 score for the match.

“In my opinion, the scores didn’t reflect the quality of the matches and the fight that each one of us was willing to give,” Colvin said. “We definitely made a conscious effort to support each other immensely on the court, cheering for others even when we were down. [We] need to continue to work hard in practice to reflect that effort in future matches. We’re excited for this weekend of new opportunity.”

The Bison will now prepare for their next matches this weekend, facing Niagara and St. Bonaventure in New York.