Women’s Tennis goes 2-0 over the weekend

Lauren Medeiros, Photography Co-Editor / The Bucknellian

After playing Villanova this past Saturday, Bison Women’s Tennis improved their record to 4-6 after securing a 4-3 win over the Wildcats. 

Starting with the doubles matches, the No. 3 doubles duo Madi Sebulsky ’24 and Caroline Marcus ’25 grabbed an early 6-1 win to put the Bison up. They were soon followed by a Wildcat win in the No. 1 doubles match, where Whitney King ’25 and Abby Platt ’26 fell 6-3. In an effort to secure another, Tyne Miller ‘24 and Anna Lajos ‘25 grabbed a 6-4 defeat. 

The Bison lead did not last for long with the Wildcats securing a point in the No. 1 singles match against King to tie up the game. Following in the No. 3 spot, Platt was able to dominate her match, winning 6-2, 6-2, putting the Bison back up 2-1. Not far behind, Tori Allen ’27 fell in her No. 6 singles match to tie the score up at 2-2. 

The two teams continued to go back and forth, with Jaycie Mair ’27 winning her No. 5 singles match 6-2, 7-5, and Lajos falling 7-6 (3), 5-7, 2-) in her No. 2 singles match.

The tie breaker came down to the No. 4 singles match and Miller – who responded to the test with an impressive three-set victory – won 6-4, 4-6, 6-2. 

The following day, the Orange and Blue took on Le Moyne, handily defeating them and improving their record to 5-6. 

The Bison grabbed all three doubles matches, decisively securing the first point. King and Platt won their No. 1 match 6-1, Miller and Lajos won 7-6, and Sebulsky and Marcus won 6-4. 

The Bison continued to excel in their singles matches, grabbing five of six singles to secure their lead. The first five singles matches were wins, four of which were in straight sets. In the No.1 singles spot, King won 6-0, 6-1, in the No. 2 spot, Lajos won 6-3, 6-3, in No. 3 Platt won 6-3, 6-0, and at No. 6 Allen won 6-2, 6-4. In the No. 4 singles match, Miller battled through a competitive match, falling in the first set 6-4, and then winning the second and third 6-4, 10-1 to take the game. 

Next up, the Bison take on Skidmore on March 2nd and Siena on March 3rd.