Women’s soccer ends weekend 1-1

Lauren Medeiros, Photography Co-Editor / The Bucknellian

The Bison Women’s Soccer team’s Henna Andican ’26 scored a stellar goal that gave the Bison the 1-0 win over American this past Wednesday night at Emmitt Field at Holmes Stadium.

After Andican and Reese Evans ’25 took a number of close shots, Teresa Deda ’25 was given a corner kick that Andican ultimately got control over and scored with. 

Although Deda, Kalli Wethern ’25 and Evans all took a number of great shot attempts, the Orange and Blue could not gain a concrete lead over American. The mid-fielders and forwards weren’t the only ones working hard. 

The Bison defense helped goalie Jenna Hall ’24 immensely by making her only saves shots from long range. Hall is now just two saves behind the career record. Bucknell finished the game with a shot advantage of 18-10, and the team has a current record of 6-2-2. 

Later in the week, the Bison had an unfortunate loss against Army with a final score of 3-1. The first half of the game served the Bison well with 11 total shots in the first 45 minutes and near goals by Deda and Andican. It wasn’t until minute 25 that Andican finally got a goal to put the Orange and Blue on the scoreboard with an unforgettable header. 

Starting only a minute and a half into the second period, Army picked up their game with a rebound goal. Then, after an equal fight, Army finally took the lead in the 59th minute with a 1v1 finish with the goalkeeper. Finally, after a yellow card that sent Deda off the field, Army solidified their win with a third and final goal in the 85th minute. 

Looking forward, Andican said “our goal as a team is to pick up from our loss this weekend and go back to our winning mentality. The ultimate goal is to win the Patriot League, but it starts with focusing on one goal at a time. So our main focus is only Holy Cross this weekend.” 

Bison Women’s Soccer will be playing next at Holy Cross Saturday, Sept. 30.