Women’s Soccer ties Holy Cross 0-0

Lauren Medeiros, Photography Co-Editor / The Bucknellian

On Saturday, Sept. 30, Bucknell Women’s Soccer traveled to Worcester, Mass. to compete against Holy Cross. After 90 minutes of play, the game ended in a 0-0 tie. 

“The Holy Cross game was a big test for us being on the road and coming off a loss at Army,” Paige Temple ’25 said. “It wasn’t the result we wanted, but we came out of it with one point.”

Although no goals were scored, there was still a lot of action on both ends of the field. Holy Cross ended the game with a 16-15 shot advantage. However, the Bison outshot Holy Cross 10-4 in the first half. Throughout the game, Jenna Hall ’24 tallied six saves for Bucknell and made a key play to break up a dangerous free kick.

Within the first 10 minutes of play, Henna Andican ’26 found space in the center of the box, ripping a shot where Holy Cross’ goalkeeper had to make a tough save. This play earned Bucknell an ensuing corner kick where Hannah Stuck ’24 attempted a header shot.

In the 37th minute of play, Kelley Francis ’25 settled a ball in the box and got wiped out by the incoming goalkeeper. The ball came out to Andican on the left side, but she was unable to find the back of the open goal.

In the second half, Holy Cross came out strong putting the Bison under immediate pressure and forcing Hall to make three saves in a row.

Bucknell’s best scoring opportunity came later in the second half from a run and boot on the outside from Reese Evans ’25, forcing the goalkeeper to make a diving save.

Overall, this game marked Hall’s fourth shutout of the season, with three of them coming from Patriot League games. Hall now has 21 career clean sheets, one shy of the school record. Additionally, Andican led the way with six shot attempts for Bucknell. The Bison suffered a huge deficit in the midfield with key playmaker Teresa Deda ’25 out while serving her suspension for picking up two yellow cards in last Saturday’s game at Army.

On Friday, Oct. 6, Bucknell will be back at home hosting Navy at 7 p.m. 

“Navy is a huge game for us, and our team is ready for it,” Temple said. “We know every game matters and our only focus right now is Navy.”