Men’s Basketball defeats Navy and Army

Lauren Medeiros, Photography Co-Editor / The Bucknellian

Last week, Bucknell competed against Navy and Army. Fortunately, the Bison defeated both teams and now have a 5-3 record within the Patriot League. 

“This weekend we were just clicking,” Josh Adoh ’24 said. “Everyone has been doing their job at a high level.”

On Wednesday, Jan. 24, the Bison beat Navy at home 71-63. Early on into play, Adoh gave Bucknell a huge lead, scoring 7 of the first 11 points. Additionally, throughout the game, Adoh added five rebounds, four assists and two steals. Jack Forrest ’24 scored 20 of his game-high 24 points in the second half and earned a team-high seven rebounds, while Noah Williamson ’26 had a strong run of 14 points. 

Throughout this game, Bucknell shot 48.9% from the field, hitting at a 61.9% clip in the second half. Additionally, the Bison hit half of their 20 3-point tries. 

In the first half, the Bison started strong with a 30-15 lead, but Navy came back with a 15-2 run. It wasn’t until the second half that the game became close.

Navy took advantage of their first possession of the second half by sinking a 3-pointer and making it a two-point game at 32-30. However, the Bison responded right way talling 17 of the next 21 points. 

Williamson’s free throws gave Bucknell its largest lead of the night at 16 points with 10:55 left to go in the second half. Then, Navy overcame the double-digit deficit and made things tighter down the stretch. 

Navy tallied back-to-back 3-pointers to tighten the gap 59-51. On the Bison’s next possession, Forrest hit a three, bringing the lead back to 11 points. 

Forrest remained a key player for Bucknell during the remaining two minutes of the game. He blocked a shot, saved a rebound from going out of bounds and then scored with a driving layup. 

To help the Bison earn the victory, Elvin Edmonds IV ’25 finished with nine points and five assists, while Pip Ajayi ’25 blocked three shots. 

On Saturday, Jan. 27, the Bison traveled to West Point, NY to face off against Army, where the Bison won 66-56.

Ian Motta ’25 scored a season-high 17 points, Forrest added 14 points, Ruot Bijiek ’26 tallied 11 points, and Edmonds handed out 10 assists. 

Heading into halftime, the Bison were up 38-26. Shortly after, they extended their gap to 16 on a layup from Williamson. 

After the under-12 media timeout, Edmonds and Motta swished back-to-back 3-pointers, Ajayi scored an acrobatic tip-in, Williamson powered to the rim and Forest finished a tough one-handed serve while earning a foul.

With only 57 seconds remaining in the game, Williamson connected with Forrest for another layup.

Overall, Bucknell shot 41.7% from the field, went 9-for-23 from beyond the arc and outrebounded Army 39-35. 

Next up, the Bison will travel to American Saturday Feb. 3.