Golf teams head to Puerto Rico for Palmas del Mar Collegiate

Both Men’s and Women’s Golf made their spring debuts this past weekend, as the Men’s team headed to Puerto Rico to compete in the Palmas del Mar Collegiate while Women’s Golf ventured to Florida for the Advanced Golf Partners Collegiate.

James Key ’26 led the Bison on day one with a 75 (+3), followed by Hayden Quinn ’27, who tallied a 76 (+4), and Andres Barraza ’26 who carded a 77 (+5).

Barraza led the team with five birdies, contributing to the team’s total of 16 on day one. 

On day two, the team shot 299, which was seven strokes better than its day one score. 

Alex Creamean ’27 led the team with a 71 (-1), as the first Bison to go under par for the weekend. He made six birdies before carding in his seventh under-par round of his first-year campaign, including six in his last eight rounds.

Key shot a 74 on day two (+2), followed by Barraza and Quinn both posting a 77 (+5).

The Bison sat in 16th place out of 16 teams after day two.

On the final day of the event, Creamean posted another under-par round with his second 71 in a row to lead the Bison to its best total team score of the tournament, 296.

James Robbins ’26 posted his best round of the event on the final day with a 73 (+1). Key and Quinn carded two scores of 76 (+4). 

Creamean finished T57 for the event with a total score of +4, Key finished T77 at +9, Jake Maddaloni ’25, who played as an individual, finished at +10, Quinn finished T87 at +13, Robbins finished T89 at +14, and Barraza finished T93 at +18.

Next, Men’s Golf heads to Goodyear, Arizona to compete in the Loyola Intercollegiate at Palm Valley Golf Club.

The women’s team had a slightly better result, finishing 13th as a team out of 14 squads competing.

On the first day, Paige Richter ’26 led the team with an opening round 79 (+7), nailing pars on seven of the final eight holes. Sofia Nogalo ’27, Nicole Yun ’27 and Cristina Canales ’24 posted scores of 80 (+8), and the Bison found themselves in 12th place at the end of round one. 

Canales came out firing on day two, leading the Bucknell squad with a 77 (+5), carding twelve pars to go along with a birdie.

Nogalo finished right behind Canales with a 78 (+6), Yun posted an 81 (+9), and Lila Smith 27 penciled in an 82 (+10).

After day two, the Bison shot a 318 collectively, one shot better than round one, and sat in 13th place heading into the final round of the event.

Richter again led the team the next day with a 76 (+4), earning herself a run of 14 straight pars, before a double bogey on 17 dropped her two shots.

Smith came up next with an 81 (+9), followed by Yun with an 83 (+11), and Canales closed out her weekend with an 84 (+12). 

Richter was the low Bison for the week, finishing the event T50 individually with a score of +22. She was followed by Canales closing in T57 at +25, Yun T62 at +28, Nogalo at +29 finishing T62, and Smith ending her week T68 with a final tally of +31.

Women’s Golf doesn’t compete again until March 11 when they head to Litchfield Park, Arizona to compete in the SMSU Spring Classic at Wigwam Resort.