Men's tennis finishes season with win

By Chris McCree
Sports Editor

The men’s tennis team closed out its regular season with a 7-2 victory over Bloomsburg this past Wednesday, leaving the Bison with a 9-13 record heading into the Patriot League Tournament.

The Bison took two out of three doubles matches from the Huskies. Gregg Cohenca ’12 and Aidan Lynch ’14 came away with an 8-5 victory at No. 1 doubles, while Josh Katten ’13 and Evan Zimmer ’13 extended their doubles winning streak to 10 at No. 2 doubles. The Bison’s only doubles loss came at the No. 3 spot with the duo of Scott Bernstein ’14 and Kelly Morque ’13 losing 8-5.

In singles, the Orange and Blue took five of six matches, sweeping spots two through six. Katten continued his strong play in the second spot, taking down Mark Schroeder 7-5, 6-0. Octavio Canibe ’15 played in the tightest match of the day at No. 5 singles, taking down Tyler Pultro in three sets. After winning the first set 6-2, Canibe fell in the second set 6-7(1), but managed to take the tiebreaker 12-10. The Bison’s only singles loss of the day came at the No. 1 spot as Zimmer fell in three sets, 4-6, 6-3, 10-8.

Currently riding a two-game winning streak, the Orange and Blue will look to carry their momentum into the Patriot League Tournament in Annapolis, Md. The Bison will take on Colgate in the first round starting today at 9 a.m. The last time the two teams met was back on April 6, when the Bison came away with a 4-3 victory at home.